Our revamped shop takes advantage of the latest shopping technology, so you will find the shop similar to other commercial online shopping sites. There's always things that can be clarified, and we want to make the transition process as smooth as possible, so look below to see if your question has been answered.
What are the postage charges?
- Postage from our shop is now a flat rate: $8 for ordinary post all around Australia, $20 for priority post all around Australia, and $30 for international orders.
- You can also choose to pick up your order from our physical shop and of course, there's no postage charge for this option.
Do you give refunds?
- We do accept exchanges and refunds, but please read our policy first. Also, you'll need to keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
What are your payment options?
- You can pay via Debit/Credit Card or via PayPal.
- Once you've confirmed your order, you'll be taken to the payment screen. You can either log in to your PayPal account, or if you'd prefer to pay with your Debit or Credit Card, just click on the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option on the PayPal screen:
What are the changes compared with the old shop I used in 2016?
- For those of you who are used to our previous shop, there are some changes. Following are the most common questions asked - feel free to contact us if you have anything else you'd like to ask.
How do I order my goods and pay for them later?
- Leaders/Units/District/Regions no longer have the option to buy goods and pay for them later. ALL purchases must be paid for at the time of ordering.
Why am I asked to create an account?
- The new online shop has the ability to create a unique online shopping account that is no longer linked to the Girl Guides Victoria database. You can create an account that is just for shopping in the online Guide Shop. You can fill in your contact details once, and they'll be there for future. This is NOT an 'account' such as we've had in the past, where Leaders can order now and pay later; this is just a convenient way of keeping your contact details in the system so that you don't have to re-type them every time.
Do I have to create an account?
- No. You can order and pay for things without an account, you'll just have to enter your contact details in when you come back next time.
Can I phone/email my order and then pick it up later?
- No. Because you now order and pay for your goods online you can just choose 'Pick Up' from the postage options if you want to pick them up later. We'll pack your order and have it ready for you when you come into the store.
Can I call or email with a question?
- Yes! We're always happy to help. You can call or email any time - if there's no-one in the shop to help we'll make sure they get the message and get back to you as soon as they can.
I used to have an account and my treasurer paid later - what do I do now?
Leaders who used to shop by Account will have the following options:
- Order online via the website and pay with the Unit/Group/District/Region Bendigo Bank debit card - funds must be available in the debit card account prior to shopping.
- Order online via the website and pay with a debit/credit card - using personal credit for Guides purchases is not encouraged. If it’s necessary to do this, the Leader should be paid for the goods up front, or at the least, be reimbursed immediately.
- Shop in person and pay with cash or credit card (see notes above).
- Some Units are having great success with purchasing pre-paid debit cards (for example, from Australia Post). These can be given to authorised people, with funds loaded onto them by the Treasurer specifically to use for Guiding purposes.
Can I shop in person?
- Sure - see our contact page for the shop location and opening hours.